I needed some good news today. Just a little something to brighten my spirits - Tom's too. So I took a risk and called the doctor to see if the results from Jeb's fecal (aka: poo!) test came back. The doctor originally said that she didn't think that Jeb's digestive system was being affected by his CF, but we couldn't be 100% sure until we got back results from a stool sample. It's been two weeks. The phone rang after we returned from school today and I took a deep breath as I always do when waiting for a call back from the hospital. Yes, indeed they had the results. Praise God, he has a perfectly functioning pancreas and he does not need additional enzymes at this time! We will continue monitering to make sure this doesn't change, but for now we don't need to give him any additional medicine! I know this will more than likely change once we are in the states due to differing treatments, but for now we are so thankful for this!
Jeb continues to gain strength and weight. I'm awakened most mornings at 5:30 with him pointing to the kitchen - his way of saying 'I want milk and some cheerios.' My pleasure to give!
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11
No comments:
Post a Comment