Jeb has been poked and prodded so much over the past few months, poor little guy. But, today his brothers got to see what he's been going through.
Because Tom and I both carry the CF gene, it's a must that Jacob and Aiden get tested to see if they have CF, are a carrier, or don't have any trace of a CF gene in their bodies. Obviously, we are hoping for the last of those options. But, this means a blood test, which means needles. I know that Aiden can handle it, but Jacob is like me and has a fear of needles. So, last night I broke the news to them. Jacob was mad and cried for at least an hour. Therefore I was not looking forward to this morning. (Aiden, was very cute and told Jacob to be brave cause he'd get a cotton ball!!)
So, my friend Jane came along with me today for added support and added hands! Surprisingly, Jacob seemed ok. The nurses greeted both of them and put numbing lotion on their hands and inner elbows. Jacob was first to go. The hospital has a great thing - a play specialist. So, she looked at a Where's Waldo book with Jacob as he hugged me with one arm behind my back - he never flinched. Aiden was next - ouch, it had to come from his hand, so he did feel a bit of it, but didn't yell, just kept reading. They both got suckers after and I was hoping they'd forget the bribe that I had promised them last night. No such luck...we are off to the toy shop after school!
So, that part is done. Whew. Now comes the waiting. 2-3 weeks until we know...
p.s. Jacob got to talk about the experience when he got back to school. He showed everyone his bandaid and then took it off and gave it to his friend Kira just because she asked for it. Gross!
No comments:
Post a Comment