Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December...so far, so good.

We are 15 days into December and I'm almost ready to take a big sigh of relief. Almost. The past two Decembers (all of which Jeb has experienced!) have seen lots of sickness and recovery. This December seems to be a different story. I can say it's thanks to knowing that CF is there and treating it, but really it comes down to a whole lot of prayers being said for Jeb.

I'm still holding my breath today as Jeb woke up with a cough yesterday. All kids get coughs, but only the mom of a CF child knows the anxiety coupled with each cough that comes out of your child's mouth. I'm much more confident these days. Instead of waiting for a nurse to come out and take a cough swab, I did it myself and brought it to the hospital. Now the big wait to see what it grows. The double whammy on this is that we leave for Austria on Friday. So, I'm armed with my dry antibiotics, hoping they are the right ones to kill whatever specific bug may or may not be trying to take hold of Jeb's chest. I really don't want to add an Austrian hospital to the list of hospitals from around the world we have stayed in! Jeb seems really strong and is still stubborn as ever. Let's hope that he applies this stubbornness to the CF instead of just to me!

15 days in. 10 to go until Christmas. I keep my eyes on that prize. Good to know that God's gift is what we can lean on with each cough and each worry. He takes all the anxiety away...

"But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the Lord" -Jeremiah 30:17

Update! Today we received word that Jeb's chest is clear! Now just to get rid of the cough!

No comments: