I'm a week overdue on this, but sometimes life comes before the blog. Seems to be happening a lot lately, so I hope that I'm documenting this well enough!
Last week we had Jeb's usual CF clinic check. Dr. Thompson was there along with Jeb's full medical team - all back from maternity leave. (They all left 2 months after Jeb was diagnosed, all had boys and are all back at the same time from their 1 year maternity leave). It was a bit overwhelming because they all came in at once rather than the usual one person at a time. Dr. Thompson took the reigns thank goodness!
First we discussed the psuedomonas. She put our minds at ease - there is really nothing we could have done to prevent this. It's everywhere from the kitchen sink to the dirt outside. It just loves a CF lung. (She also told me to stop sterilizing the sandbox. Guess that was some bad advice from another CF mum!) On a scale of 1-10 of bad bugs, it's a 4, but if left it could get to a 10. So, it's good to keep doing what we are doing. Then we looked at weight. Jeb stayed the same, dropping from just above the 5oth percentile to just below, but still following the curve. No problems. Height. Amazing Jeb has grown 5 cm (2 inches) in 2 months and is now at 89.2cm. He jumped from 9th percentile in height to 50. Very happy.
Lastly was the discussion on moving and making a smooth transition. Dr. Thompson said, 'Oh, I think I know someone in Chicago.' Well, she doesn't just know 'someone' - she knows the CF director at Children's Memorial. And the head of research there used to work for Dr. Thompson in Oxford. Huge sign of relief! Amazing how God plans it, but I still worry about it!!!
So, overall, it was a great visit. A bit awkward to say hello to everyone back from maternity leave only to have to say goodbye in a month. I wish we had longer, but I know we will be in good hands in Chicago.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11
No comments:
Post a Comment